Friday 14 September 2018

A rude awakening

It's Saturday and I'm up early for my usual park run. Last night's dinner was great fun, terrific food and company and great encouragement (and admiration) for my new non-drinking stance. Despite not drinking in the usual sense, however, I've woken up with what feels like a stinking hangover! So, there's a lesson: no more 0.5% alcohol wine for me. It tasted pretty foul anyway, so no great loss.

I'm a assuming P drank his "normal" amount, which was, pun intended, sobering. I wasn't counting too assiduously, but he consumed at least 10 glasses of wine, white then red, preceded by a large G&T and followed by two glasses of port. Needless to say, he was completely pissed - much more than anyone else in the room - and I found him both annoying and embarrassing. It was good to be able to drive home as I doubt a taxing driver would've allowed him in their car.


No comments:

Post a Comment